In the fall of 2006, Brian Conner, a lifelong Rush County resident, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma cancer. As a result, it didn’t take long to exceed his insurance coverage. Upon learning this, a group of family and friends within the community converged and began raising funds to help cover medical costs that Brian could not afford after his insurance had reached the maximum amount of coverage. This group became known as “Brian’s Cause” and decided this would become an ongoing effort knowing there will be other “Brian’s” from this community who will need the same aid and support shown to Brian. In 2019, this Fund distributed $20,000 locally to cancer patients.
In 2020 we are going virtual!
All proceeds benefit the Rush Memorial Hospital Foundation and Brian’s Cause Cancer Treatment Relief Fund
Remembering and honoring those in our community who have lived experience with cancer is important to our mission and goals. Join us to honor and remember loved ones, friends, and neighbors. Now, more than ever, we need your support to help our neighbors.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Sign up as an individual or join a team HERE beginning October 1, 2020. All participants who raise at least $200 will receive a long sleeved event shirt, yard sign, and be entered to win gifts through the month of October!
2. Customize your page to honor or remember a loved one, friend, or neighbor who has experienced cancer.
3. Share your page with friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers.
4. Complete activities, recruit others to join, and help raise funds for our neighbors!
5. Volunteer to deliver care baskets to local cancer patients and survivors by emailing Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 765-932-7568.
HONOR OUR CANCER PATIENTS & SURVIVORS
Cancer patients and survivors are encouraged to sign up below to receive a fall care basket!
Together We Can- Brian's Cause Cancer Patient & Survivor Care Basket Registration