In the fall of 2006, Brian Conner, a lifelong Rush County resident, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma cancer. As a result, it didn’t take long to exceed his insurance coverage. Upon learning this, a group of family and friends within the community converged and began raising funds to help cover medical costs that Brian could not afford after his insurance had reached the maximum amount of coverage. This group became known as “Brian’s Cause” and decided this would become an ongoing effort knowing there will be other “Brian’s” from this community who will need the same aid and support shown to Brian. In 2019 and 2020, this Fund distributed over $36,000 locally to cancer patients.
We are going virtual for one more year!
All proceeds benefit the Rush Memorial Hospital Foundation and Brian’s Cause Cancer Treatment Relief Fund
Remembering and honoring those in our community who have been touched by cancer is important to our mission and goals. Join us to honor and remember loved ones, friends, and neighbors. Now, more than ever, we need your support to help our neighbors.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Sign up as an individual or join a team HERE beginning November 1, 2021. All participants who raise at least $200 will receive a long sleeved event shirt, yard sign, and be entered to win gifts throughout the month of November!
2. Customize your page to honor or remember a loved one, friend, or neighbor who has experienced cancer.
3. Share your page with friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers.
4. Complete activities, recruit others to join, and help raise funds for our neighbors!
5. Volunteer to deliver care baskets to local cancer patients and survivors by emailing Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 765-932-7578.
Cancer Patients and Survivors
We encourage all cancer patients & survivors to register to receive a small gift that will be delivered to you in November. Please click here to sign up: SURVIVOR GIFT
Order shirts, signs, and cancer bags
Order your event shirt, yard sign, and cancer support bags by clicking here: EVENT STUFF